Thursday, August 19, 2010

Trivia is serious business

This week has been pretty uneventful aside from the interviews and the job searching which of course is still ongoing. I had my interview with the video game testers and I thought I did really well. Unfortunately they said I would probably have to wait 2-3 weeks to hear back from them and find out if I have a job, which seems to be pretty much par for the course at this point. I will be shocked if I don't get a job with them, I am just about the most perfect candidate the could have and I don't really have any prior time commitments that would prevent me from coming in any given day of the week.

Anyway yesterday was pretty fun because I met up with a few people and went to a trivia night down on Wilshire Blvd. Now when I think trivia at a bar I think short little questions and it maybe takes an hour. Not at Q's Bar. This took nearly three hours, there was probably about 25 teams, and everyone took it incredibly seriously. We did pretty well until they asked for the names of the four songs from Paula Abdul's first album that were in the top 50. Ya right. Anyway it was fun, and I'll probably be back next week, gotta win.

Anyway, the Youtube project is ongoing, I'll be posting the link to my videos on the bottom in case anyone missed it the first time. I think it's going well, it's not meant to be outstanding in quality, but more a portfolio builder as well as a proof of concept. If I can do this every day and have a quick turnaround then it shows I could do daily comedy writing. Presumably anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Yourminuteman

-Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment