Monday, August 16, 2010

Youtube project

Two things:

First, tomorrow is my interview at 2k games to be a video game tester. I was talking to my Mom earlier today and I fully fleshed out why this really is the perfect job for me. I've been playing video games since I was a baby, I schooled my brothers and their friends anytime we played, my history and poli sci degrees have given me an analytical and detail oriented mind, and I'm a night person anyway (it's a night shift). There's really no reason I shouldn't get this job. If I don't get it I am at my wits end of where to go next.

Except for this one thing that's actually kind of exciting. I have recently been experimenting with a one-minute comedy bit every day that I am posting on Youtube. The idea came from a friend Kia who said that if I wanted to get a comedy writing job the best thing short of being asked right after a comedy show and having an agent would be to make work for myself. So every day I'm gonna cruise the news sites, find four or so headlines and write really short joke/punchlines for them. Think an incredibly shortened Daily Show. Basically it's an experiment for myself to see if I can write mildly funny topical jokes every day on short notice and have a quick enough turnaround to get them out. It's also a good thing to be able to show someone a portfolio of work that I may have and see if anyone likes what they see.

I would love if people could watch and pump those view counts up, and subscribe too if you can! The link to the videos is at the bottom. Feel free to let me know what you think as well, and remember, it's still early in the process so they will be incrementally changing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Yourminuteman

Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment