Friday, July 9, 2010

I know I've been here a while because it's my milk's expiration date


Today was a very mixed bag. First off I heard back from the audition I had yesterday. They apparently really liked me, the guy telling me that they only took 20 from a field of about 95. He's telling me that they want me to come in to start working on an acting resume, giving me the numbers of a few headshot photographers, you know, Hollywood stuff. But then the more I read about it, the more I realized that this was probably a little too good to be true. You know how I know? The casting agency didn't have a website. Now I know this is a company for extras, but it's Hollywood, get a frigin website. If I can't look you up it makes me think you have something to hide. As my Dad put it, the cynical New Englander in me was stirred and I am gonna call them back and tell them I'm not interested.

This is a little disappointing to do because I would have really liked the money. That said, I have taken the contacts given by Lacey (http://laceyinthecity.blogspot.com/) and hopefully they both lead to jobs and income. Anything is better than nothing and the two contacts seem like really cool jobs. I'm hopeful.

In that vein tomorrow I'm heading over to another game show "audition". It's for a new show called 101 Ways to Leave a Gameshow, which sounds cool but is created by the same people who made Wipeout. However, unlike that obstacle course show it's more quiz based and only physical if you lose, in which case you demonstrate one of the 101 ways you can leave the show. Basically it's money and a trip to Argentina if they pick me. The trip alone seems like it may be worth it. I was a little hesitant to even go because the guy was telling me to come as a caricature of myself (actual words) which I'm not gonna do. I think I'm a likable enough guy as I am and if you can't make a TV show that doesn't make an ass out of its contestants than maybe your show just stinks.

Also tomorrow I'll be meeting with one of Mom's friends from home who I haven't seen in 10 years, which should be fun. She's awesome and very friendly and I think she might even be planning to buy me lunch. Also, she lives right next to the beach, and since I haven't even seen the Pacific yet I have that going for me, which is nice.

And in case you were wondering, yes that is Nikola Tesla.

-Happy Trails!

2 comments:

  1. Where is Nikola sitting? Where are the pigeon?

    Like the Caddyshack quote.

    ReplyDelete